Yee-Haw!! Honey, I'm coming home!!

4 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted September 28, 2000 - 08:07 PM

I had my vacation instated/reinstated and my Moab vacation is FAT!!

I AM THERE!!

------------------
99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted September 28, 2000 - 08:18 PM

YEAH Baby,

Well done Kevvie... If you had not read my last post, I am currently on Coco's Island installing a system for my company. There are only 2 flights a week!

I need to have everything wrapped up by mid day saturday to catch the last flight for the week... If I dont, I am literally screwed and may have to fly directly into Grand Junction or something as I wont get home until thursday the 5th of October.... Fly straight out and then get to San Fran thursday afternoon and then need to get a flight to Grand Junction!!!!

So, I will be pulling an all nighter to wrap things up... My wife wont be too happy, but life is full of surprises..

Mitch

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • paul913

Posted September 29, 2000 - 08:21 AM

Kevin - Great news! I just finished reading the bad news and now the good news...

So tell us, was it the alien excuse or the firearms? You guys kill me.

Jake

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 29, 2000 - 06:12 PM

Thats FFAAAATTT Kev you and Mitch sound like your going to have way to much fun :) I just hope we can hook up with John from Granite Bay and layout a FAT track to RAIL :D with all those mods to your bike you have got to be FFAAASST :D see you in a couple (DAYS)yea baby

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted September 29, 2000 - 07:51 PM

Howard,
My bike is still in pieces! I finished installing the DSP airbox. I was hoping to address the air box air leak issue prior to leaving. I guess that won't happen. I still have to oil my air filter, install (Yuck!) my stock WR tank and seat and install my new PB header and SX-1 silencer. I also need to do the spokes, but that could wait until Moab.

The crappy thing I am running into now is doing the finish painting to my Shoei VFX. I have been chasing a paint conflict issue for 4 days now. I have been using a combination of acryllic laquer and acryllic enamel. You can shoot enamel over laquer, but not vice versa, unless you prime. My paint has been cracking something fierce. It looks good on antiques, but not my helmet. I have to start my final clear coats by Tuesday. I let the paint cure for one day which includes 8 hours in the oven @ 140F. I may be doing a hurry up offense on my old Moto4. It is still in the retro neons of the early 90's. I will end up sanding down to the base fiberglass and shooting it WR Blue. I have spent too much time on this Shoei to blow it in the end.

Since I am on nite shift this week, I have to have my bike done, sealed in the pallet and loaded on my trailer Sunday by 5pm. I will be heading to Boston to drop it off after work Monday morning. I'll be in the rack by 0730 Saturday and getting up at 1:30pm to do more work. I want to do an oil change prior to going. It needs it. I have yet to try my new jetting specs also. In essence, it will be a whole new bike!!

I am eagerly looking forward to all of this!!

See you in Moab, Howard!

Kevin

------------------
99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.