Low fender for increased air flow. Dumb idea?

3 replies to this topic
  • segge

Posted June 27, 2007 - 11:05 AM

Hi,

I live in the Middle East and own a 2004 XR650 and was thinKing of putting a low front fender on it to increase the airflow to the radiators. Think it would help? Any suggestions for "good looking" low front fender?

Steve
www.egge.us

• nate992v

Posted June 27, 2007 - 11:43 AM

Could try a supermotard front fender. They're smaller, as they don't have to keep mud off of anything. Or cut the rear of the fender a few inches shorter. It's on Scott Summer's list of mods, but for the XR600R. Might work for the 650. I can't remember where I saw it, but someone out there makes an electric cooling fan kit. It might have been on here. Might want to do a search. Do you have a coolant catch can? It'll help in case you boil some off, when it cools down it will go back into the system. Prevent it from running with less than it was intended to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Agent2

Posted June 27, 2007 - 04:14 PM

Steve, is your 650r overheating? I'm guessing where you live it gets real hot, but probably not much hotter than the Western American desert in summer. I have rode on many 100+ degree days in all sorts of terrain and never had an overheating problem (well I have, but the bike hasen't). What sort of jetting and mods on your bike?

• segge

Posted June 28, 2007 - 08:52 AM

My bike is stock. never corked though, as I bought it in Dubai. No problem with overheating. Just thought I could keep the engine a little cooler.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.