B&B or Devol for Frame Guards?

10 replies to this topic
  • sprint4425

Posted June 27, 2007 - 08:47 AM

I am looking for a decent set of frame guards for my yz450. I havent havent heard a lot of good things about Works Connection so im not even considering them. I did a search and found that people really like both Devol and B&B's guards, but im not sure which one to get.

Let me know what you guys think of them if you have a set from either company.

http://www.bbalumini.../new_page_2.htm

http://www.devolraci...om/products.htm

• SXF811

Posted June 27, 2007 - 08:54 AM

niether, buy the lightspeed performance ones, devol I've found don't fit great.

www.lightspeedperf.com

• RJB

Posted June 28, 2007 - 06:12 AM

niether, buy the lightspeed performance ones, devol I've found don't fit great.

www.lightspeedperf.com

Devol's didn't fit my old YZ426 well at all and after sales sucked. I'd got with the Lightspeed

• Ranger18

Posted June 28, 2007 - 06:15 AM

I've never had a problem with Devol's. I had them on my 02 crf45, my 06yzf450 and my brother has them on his 426. They fit great, and hold up to everything we've thrown at them.

• jamiehughes

Posted June 28, 2007 - 07:46 AM

i went with the carbon works carbon fiber ones, fit was excellent and have had no problems for a year now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brolo747

Posted June 28, 2007 - 09:34 AM

I noticed the carbon fiber ones tend to get burrs and slivers.:thumbsup:

• xcape

Posted June 28, 2007 - 12:02 PM

my devol skid plate fits fine. Not fancy looking but light and functional.

• jamiehughes

Posted June 28, 2007 - 04:25 PM

I noticed the carbon fiber ones tend to get burrs and slivers.:thumbsup:

mine haven't yet, but they've only been on for a year. maybe some of the other brands do that.

• RiderX

Posted June 30, 2007 - 05:54 PM

I had a set of Devols on my 02 YZ250F and so did my buddy (same bike). They were really flimsy and bent up easily. I had a crash on my bike and they folded up like paper. I would go with something like the Flatland guards.

• rtgincnm

Posted July 02, 2007 - 07:16 PM

i went with the carbon works carbon fiber ones, fit was excellent and have had no problems for a year now.

Are the carbon ones thick enough to take a good hit? Hate to spend 100 bucks and still damage my frame if I drop it in the rocks.

• jamiehughes

Posted July 03, 2007 - 04:28 AM

the carbon fiber works ones are about 1/8 thick, they seem pretty strong to me. i bought them to keep my frame from getting scuffed up, i'm sure that if dropped on a rock that the carbon ones just like the aluminum would not fare real well, unless it wasn't a hard hit.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.