which aftermarket seat to buy??

4 replies to this topic
  • black in RI

Posted June 27, 2007 - 06:17 AM

after logging 220 miles on my 650r the other day ( all street no dirt, twisties and some highway) my but deserves more pampering.( doesnt everyones?)

Searchign thru this forum i find these 2 mentioned( therr is another higher priced option which i won.t consider)

1 gutsracing...

seems people think the tall height /med foam works best..

is that correct?

2 http://www.saddlemen...sportindex.html

some people also swear by this.

Any thoughts pro or con for either?
After sittign on my freinds
DR 650 motard seat. i was extremly jealous

I'd liek to get thing thing ordered asap. so any input is appreciated!

thanks guys!

• brp2004

Posted June 27, 2007 - 10:33 AM

I have the BD tall soft, night and day difference from the stocker. Just make sure if you go with the tall you have long enough legs to handle the added height.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desertskyy

Posted June 27, 2007 - 02:52 PM

I also have the BD tall seat. I have ridden 1200 off road miles in a week with out any real issues. Maybe a little soreness. It is best to just wear bike shorts underneath your riding pants.

• thumper605

Posted June 27, 2007 - 05:13 PM

That Saddleman seat looks like it has all the features you would want, except one I did not see the XR650R listed.

I have a Gutsracing tall seat and foam came with the ride so know idea if it is a med or soft.

I would have to say just get the Gutsracing seat and foam med or soft should work very well.

I am hoping to do a little 500 mile loop in three days of riding this weekend.

Two hundred mile rides in one day have been no problem.

• Whiteman

Posted June 28, 2007 - 05:23 PM

You can also try a sheep skin cover for long rides like that. I didn't think much of them untill a two day ride over 500 miles. Didn't completly save me but really helped.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.