Riding Boots/ What works?

8 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 25, 2000 - 06:56 PM

Guys,

I need some advice. My old alpine stars (circa 1974) have finally worn out. I tried out the Alpine 8, 6, and 4. Then I tired the Thor T-120s, Fox and something else. What I noticed was the nice expensive motocross boots are solid, but inflexible and a bit heavy. Meanwhile, the cheaper botts were the exact opposite...light and comfortable (comparable to the old apline stars). I think the cheap stuff has better traction on the soles and would be easier to manuaver use in techincal stuff.

What works for you? Cost is not an object. Functionality for long hot dual sport rides is.

Thanks for your thoughts

hHAVE ts;pioplibot

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 25, 2000 - 07:14 PM

Tom,
I have Tech 7s that have broken in pretty nicely. Plenty comfortable for 300 miles/2 days down in Baja. I just wouldn't want to have to hike out in them.

brian

• Bryan Bosch

Posted September 25, 2000 - 07:34 PM

Tom, my 2 year old MSR System 6's are very comfortable, supply good traction, and don't feel heavy to me.

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 25, 2000 - 10:11 PM

If you like the "OLD SCHOOL" type boots they still make the old HI-POINTS boots.

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 26, 2000 - 01:22 AM

I have GAERNE Trials boots. Good shin guard and no other plastic pieces any where on the boot. Just good Italian leather. Even the clips are metal not plastic.Had them 5 years and are still good.Cheers. AMTRA, Aussie.

• BlueDog

Posted September 26, 2000 - 02:49 PM

Any suggestions on a patch for the soles of my Alpines. The brake pedal rips the sole in that one area. Would epoxy work or something more rubber like?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 26, 2000 - 03:11 PM

I had a set of the top of the line Axo's and was able to crack the plastic toe/side panel after 1 year of riding.

The crack went directly down the area where the two colors were molded together. The colored patch was about 4” long by 1” tall. This effectively made both boots air cooled which was nice in the summer but bad in the wet winter.

I now have a set of the top of the Foxes and they seem to work very well other that the buckles like to be difficult at times.

Lance

’00 WR, ’86 Honda TRX250R – Mine
’00 KX125, ’98 Honda TRX300EX – Wife’s and I can’t touch!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 26, 2000 - 06:37 PM

Alpine tech 8 boots are worth the money to me I've had mine 2yrs just had the soles replaced due to footpeg wear 60bucks including soles. As far as protection goes I sandwiched my foot inbetween the peg and a planted rock in about third gear :) it smashed the steel heel protector and hurt like **** but my foot was fine. And with the inside booty on the tech 8 you can get away with wearing thinner socks a plus for hot weather. Good Boot (once they break in they aren't as stiff)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 26, 2000 - 09:38 PM

TRY THE BRAND NEW VECTOR BOOT BY ALPINESTAR.
THEY ARE SUPER COMFORTABLE AND OFFER GREAT
PROTECTION AND BEST OF ALL, NO BRAKE IN TIME.
I HAVE A DEMO PAIR IN SIZE 10 FOR $200.00 OR
A NEW PAIR FOR $250.00. CALL ME 888-248-9159
THANKS MARK

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.