Exhaust System

9 replies to this topic
  • sbellmoto

Posted February 19, 2002 - 06:03 AM

Anyone interested in selling that stock YZ 400 / 426 exhaust? I have a '99 YZ WR 400 and dented the [stock] exhaust (the header is fine). I would like to replace it with a stock YZ "can", or an aftermarket can / system. Pretty low on funds so I'm looking for someone who upgraded and has the a unit sitting around taking up space in the garage. Please help! :)

• Mark_B

Posted February 19, 2002 - 07:35 AM

Check ebay there were a couple on there.

• sbellmoto

Posted February 19, 2002 - 08:38 AM

Thanks but I checked before I posted my message. I just checked again, but no dice!! Hopefully one will turn up soon.

• lewichris

Posted February 19, 2002 - 12:22 PM

Originally posted by sbellmoto:
Thanks but I checked before I posted my message. I just checked again, but no dice!! Hopefully one will turn up soon.

i know a guy who has some. let me know if you are interested.

• MOmilkman

Posted February 19, 2002 - 01:24 PM

Click here>>>Heres one

Click here>>>Heres another The auction on this one ends in 3 hours though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SealClubber

Posted February 21, 2002 - 02:37 PM

Are the 01 YZ and WR mufflers the same except for the removable baffle?

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 21, 2002 - 03:27 PM

Originally posted by sbellmoto:
Anyone interested in selling that stock YZ 400 / 426 exhaust? I have a '99 YZ WR 400 and dented the [stock] exhaust (the header is fine). I would like to replace it with a stock YZ "can", or an aftermarket can / system. Pretty low on funds so I'm looking for someone who upgraded and has the a unit sitting around taking up space in the garage. Please help! :)

Sbellmoto, check your PM and give me an e-mail yz426f@msn.com ~Hitman~

• Herman_McMullen

Posted February 21, 2002 - 04:19 PM

I have a stock exhaust for a 01 wr426 that I am not using. If It will fit I will make you a great deal . Herman

• sbellmoto

Posted February 21, 2002 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for all the responses [so far], and maybe I could use a little advice. I haven't paid much attention to stock silencers, but I think all WR units are the same as mine ('99WR400). I'm attempting a low budget way to better hp (mostly on top) by getting the oval section YZ [stock] unit and eventually cutting 3"-4" of it off (and re-riveting the end-cap on). I've heard this will help make a little more hp at the upper rpm range. Since I am "street legal" I will do some street "droning" until I get to the next trail! Am I on the right track here or just dreaming? By the way, I'm intending to keep the stock header. The jetting is not stock but is perfect right now and it runs like a beast from bottom to top, starts first kick and never pops. I think a "trimmed" YZ pipe would be perfect and even if it only runs just like it does now, I can't complain.

• leewr400

Posted February 22, 2002 - 01:27 AM

Anyone tried or using the CRD tail pipe?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.