2007 YZ450 Soon To Be In My Garage!

42 replies to this topic
  • mn519

Posted July 04, 2007 - 08:34 PM

Holdbacks and flooring assistance are two of the biggies. These are paid by the dealer when he buys the bike, but paid back to the dealer when it's sold. It works like a rebate. If I buy a copy of Turbo Tax and PAY $39, and then send in the $15 rebate form, I PAID $39 for the software, but it COST me $24. So, if I turn around and sell it for $1 over the invoice showing what I paid for it, $40, I just made $16. Simple as that.

Thanks, Thats good info. I worked at a dealer, and they never mentioned that. Even now with sponsorship, and selling bikes for them sometimes they never told me about that. Now I understand why they let me sell bikes to my friends for invoice. I thought it was just because I bought 5 bikes in the last yr there. Oh well, they are happy, I am happy. And mom just got a atv at invoice, so she's happy too:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 116CJ

Posted July 05, 2007 - 06:09 AM

i just picked up an 07 brand new in NY for 5479 otd. i know they were making money off it because they didn't have it in stock and they had to have one located and trucked over. it took 7 days to get the bike rips though. i stopped at a local dealer on the way home to get some no toil and they had a used 06 kx450 for sale for more than what i paid for my new 07 yamaha. now i just have to sell my 06

• grayracer513

Posted July 05, 2007 - 07:14 AM

I worked at a dealer, and they never mentioned that.

Gee, I wonder why not? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.