2007 YZ450 Soon To Be In My Garage!

42 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted June 28, 2007 - 08:31 AM

selling the KX i see? whys that?

So I can put money back in my wallet from the bank drain the YZF has caused. LoL. I don't really need the extra maintenance either.

• CRF250dude26

Posted June 28, 2007 - 09:15 AM

So I can put money back in my wallet from the bank drain the YZF has caused. LoL. I don't really need the extra maintenance either.

Didn't you just put rims on your 06?

• 02YZ426

Posted June 28, 2007 - 09:21 AM

Ya.. and soon as I did that the bike sold. I wasn't going to sell it after that but some guy at the track made me a really good offer so I had to let it go.

• CRF250dude26

Posted June 28, 2007 - 12:22 PM

Ya.. and soon as I did that the bike sold. I wasn't going to sell it after that but some guy at the track made me a really good offer so I had to let it go.

I would have waited to trade and bought the 2007 and then take all of the stuff off the 06 that will fit the 07. But who care you now have a brand new bike.

• 02YZ426

Posted June 29, 2007 - 04:29 PM

It has arrrived! :thumbsup: Anyone know if they make a db dawg that will fit that small pipe? Hey, One thing I noticed is the bike doesn't have an inline check valve? I should need one no :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted June 29, 2007 - 04:49 PM

Check valve in what line? The gas cap vent? They may have gotten away from using that gizmo finally.

With that exhaust, you may not need a DB Dawg. They're a lot quieter already.

Nice, BTW. :thumbsup:

• 02YZ426

Posted June 29, 2007 - 04:58 PM

Check valve in what line? The gas cap vent? They may have gotten away from using that gizmo finally.

With that exhaust, you may not need a DB Dawg. They're a lot quieter already.

Nice, BTW. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm diggin the new ride for sure :thumbsup: Yeah I'm talking about the inline valve for the gas cap. My 06 had it, and I figured this bike maybe had one built into the cap itself, but nope. Won't gas spill out? Anyways, about the pipe.. My local track requires the db dawg or FMF Q pipe no questions asked. So I need to do something with it, plus it still sounds really loud.

• grayracer513

Posted June 29, 2007 - 07:00 PM

Look under the cap. There's a baffle assembly there. That's what everybody but Yamaha relies on already.

• kx_rider53

Posted June 29, 2007 - 07:05 PM

Selling the KX? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Not because i like a kawi, but because its a two stroke. :thumbsup:

• spankbank7

Posted June 29, 2007 - 11:28 PM

Nice bike! im picking my 07 up tomorrow morning! gettin the white one though. They dont have any blue ones left...but im fine with either, they both look sexy! how much did you pay out the door for yours and from what dealer? i payed about 5900 OTD

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted June 30, 2007 - 04:56 PM

Nice bike! im picking my 07 up tomorrow morning! gettin the white one though. They dont have any blue ones left...but im fine with either, they both look sexy! how much did you pay out the door for yours and from what dealer? i payed about 5900 OTD

I got this one for $5500 OTD. I actually had a white one lined up $5300 but when I called up an hour later ready to make a deposit it was sold! :thumbsup: $5900 isn't too bad for the white, probably going rate or close in most states. Did you get the $200 Yamaha Credit?

• 02YZ426

Posted June 30, 2007 - 05:52 PM

I do have to say I'm quite impressed with the new ride! Tons of midrange power.. Wow. The motor overall seems much better than my 06, feels much stronger. So how long before the suspension is broken in?? The forks were pretty tight all day.

• spankbank7

Posted July 02, 2007 - 09:42 PM

I got this one for $5500 OTD. I actually had a white one lined up $5300 but when I called up an hour later ready to make a deposit it was sold! :thumbsup: $5900 isn't too bad for the white, probably going rate or close in most states. Did you get the $200 Yamaha Credit?

naw i didnt get the $200 credit, But i got it from LA Yamaha and most of the dealers down here in SD wouldnt even come close to them so i just went with them. Where did you get yours at? i have a buddy who is going to buy one soon...maybe he can save a few hundred more than i did.

The bike is awesome though! what a difference between this and my 03 YZ250...no wonder everyone switched to 4 strokes! its my first 4-stroke and im really happy with it. it handles so much better then my old bike. clears everything so much easier, parts i had to be pinned on i can just roll on the gas and clear the jumps now. Very happy with it.

• Polar_Bus

Posted July 03, 2007 - 03:00 AM

I don't get it. I work for a Yamaha dealer, and dealer invoice for an 07' is $5980, and I payed dealer cost + shipping which $6100. You get a bike as a walk in retail customer for $5500 ????????? So this dealer is selling YZ's at a $$ loss ??? &%$#@! is up with that?

• mxracer206

Posted July 03, 2007 - 04:42 AM

Put an extra hose clamp on the oil line below the water pump, ours leaked some oil. The longer rear shock with the larger shaft is very very good but seemed like the forks wanted to dive a little once broke in. They seemed to work a little better if you opened up the rebound a little on the forks. The bike seemed to run ok with the stock exhaust but is hard to get used to the sound of the bike when you have been riding with a louder system. Congratulations on the bike, they are one of the best looking bike out there and they work very well.

• grayracer513

Posted July 03, 2007 - 07:28 AM

I don't get it. I work for a Yamaha dealer, and dealer invoice for an 07' is $5980, and I payed dealer cost + shipping which $6100. You get a bike as a walk in retail customer for $5500 ????????? So this dealer is selling YZ's at a $$ loss ??? &%$#@! is up with that?

If you work for a dealer, you should know that:

1) Dealers NEVER sell moving inventory at a loss.

2) Not all dealers pay the same price for their stock. They get a break for selling more units.

3) "Dealer Invoice Price" has nothing to do with the actual cost to the dealer. Most of the time, a dealer that sells at invoice will be making 10-12% or more on the sale. They can survive (quite well) on 3-5%.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 03, 2007 - 09:39 AM

If you work for a dealer, you should know that:

1) Dealers NEVER sell moving inventory at a loss.

2) Not all dealers pay the same price for their stock. They get a break for selling more units.

3) "Dealer Invoice Price" has nothing to do with the actual cost to the dealer. Most of the time, a dealer that sells at invoice will be making 10-12% or more on the sale. They can survive (quite well) on 3-5%.

Not to mention holdbacks or whatever they're called because its pretty much the end of the 07 season for Yamahas dirt line.

• grayracer513

Posted July 03, 2007 - 09:58 AM

Holdbacks and flooring assistance are two of the biggies. These are paid by the dealer when he buys the bike, but paid back to the dealer when it's sold. It works like a rebate. If I buy a copy of Turbo Tax and PAY $39, and then send in the $15 rebate form, I PAID $39 for the software, but it COST me $24. So, if I turn around and sell it for $1 over the invoice showing what I paid for it, $40, I just made $16. Simple as that.

• FeliX 450

Posted July 03, 2007 - 11:06 AM

you'll love it man. I have one and its absolutley awesome :thumbsup:

- Enjoy :thumbsup:

• 02YZ426

Posted July 03, 2007 - 02:10 PM

You bought the white SE edition too so it costs a little more than my blue one right off the bat. When I was calling around there were plenty of dealerships that could not match $5500 or even close. Some however could even beat that price but the drive wasn't worth it for me. I bought mine at Weaver Motorsports, it was their last one. Honda East had a few coming in at the same price as of last week.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.