crooked front tire?

6 replies to this topic
  • 426ripper

Posted June 26, 2007 - 06:19 PM

I was looking over my 2002 wr426 after a hard ride this past weekend. I noticed that the front tire is crooked. i thought maybe it was just the fender playing tricks on me so i removed it and sat on the bike and looked down at the front tire. when the when the bars and tripple clamps are straight the tire angles to the left about 1-2" . I recently removed the forks and changed the fork seals. did I reinstall them wrong??? please help
426ripper

• markturbo

Posted June 27, 2007 - 06:22 AM

This should help...

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=523107

• 426ripper

Posted June 27, 2007 - 08:53 AM

thanks, I will loosen everything up and try that..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426ripper

Posted June 28, 2007 - 03:28 AM

I lossened everything up and compressed the forks a few times to help align the wheel. then I tightened the axle, then the two clamp bolts on each side. it did help alittle bit but it is still slightly angles to the left. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!

• jbrooks26

Posted June 28, 2007 - 04:10 AM

Go through all of that again, only this time after you get it all loosened up stand in front of the bike with the front wheel between your feet. Use your legs to hold the wheel and turn it back straight to begin with. Then seat your axle and forks in the clamps by bouncing the front end again and you should be good to go. Sometimes if they are too far off then you have to give them a little help to get back right again. Hope this helps.

Josh

• 426ripper

Posted July 01, 2007 - 08:00 AM

thanks Josh. it is alot better now. I took it for a ride yesterday and it seems to be running staight. thanks for the help. vince

• jbrooks26

Posted July 01, 2007 - 05:40 PM

Not a problem, glad I could help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.