blue four strokes suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 24, 2000 - 01:39 PM

so far nothing but bad luck with my blue bike anyone want to buy a 99 wr .......... I want to ride not work on a bike every time i want to ride if i wanted that i would of bought a HD

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 24, 2000 - 06:15 PM

Just curious-what problems have you had to deal with? I go out to the garage looking for somehting to work-on and have to go back inside dissapointed!

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted September 24, 2000 - 06:30 PM

Hey there Hadenough.

I would like to echo Chris's comments. I have had the bike almost 12 months and ride it continuously and have experienced NO problems.

Mitch

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 24, 2000 - 06:34 PM

There's someone selling a KTM 400sx on this website, at 5,000$ it's a heck of a deal. I haven't had any problems with my 400sx either. In fact, I haven't heard anything but good about these bikes! I have a 99wr and haven't had any problems with it (other than weight) but I thought only the 2000's had problems. It's too bad to hear about the problems you're having, it sounds like you ended up with a real lemon. :)

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 24, 2000 - 06:46 PM

Geoff, I'm corresponding with someone who is considering getting a 400exc. I'll e-mail him
and see if he's interested. At 4250.00$ he'd have to be on drugs to pass this deal up.

------------------
So Cal Erik
</A>

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted September 25, 2000 - 06:29 AM

Every bike line will have some lemons in the marketplace, even KTM. I too have had no problems with my 99WR except for not enough time to ride!

• James_in_New_Mexico

Posted September 25, 2000 - 07:59 AM

So Cal Erik,

What problems have you the 2000 has?

James

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted September 25, 2000 - 02:43 PM

I just turned 2000 miles on my 2000 WR, and couldn't be happier. It starts,runs,shifts,rides awesome. The only problems I've had have been self inflicted(read crashing ALOT!!). I change my oil every 200 miles,since I ride strictly off road, and mostly woods. I've checked the valves twice, but have yet to adjust any.I would recommend this bike to anybody.

• HGaither

Posted September 25, 2000 - 05:45 PM

Originally posted by hadenogh:
so far nothing but bad luck with my blue bike anyone want to buy a 99 wr .......... I want to ride not work on a bike every time i want to ride if i wanted that i would of bought a HD

what's that old saying, opinions are like buttholes,everybody's got one?

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 25, 2000 - 07:30 PM

It's not an opinion it's reality! the guy just happens to have a grenade bike...
the 2000 426's have the tranny problems, not the WRs. Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
</A>

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.