fork rebuild

1 reply to this topic
  • Dan_in_pa

Posted September 24, 2000 - 03:50 PM

Do i need a special tool to push in new seals like the manual says? Also , do i need the special tool to get the bottom valve off?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted September 24, 2000 - 05:16 PM

Dan
Save yourself a lot of hassle, get the seal driver for your forks. I have spent hours trying to use screwdrivers and allen wrenches doing my Honda forks. The seal driver will pay for itself the first time you use it (all the money you'll save on beer and aspiran).

To remove the bottom valve, are you referring to removing the allen bolt from the bottom of your fork leg? An air wrench should spin the allen fast enough you shouldn't need the holding tool. I have done it without using any fancy tools.

NEVER locktite those allens back in.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.