exchaust weird?(426)

2 replies to this topic
  • Jo77

Posted June 26, 2007 - 01:02 PM

i was reading old magazines today about the tests on yzf 426.as i was looking the pictures of the bike in the right side i have notice that the exchaust(stock of course as the bike was new) in the point behind the kikcstarter and the silencer down of it was like damaged.but how can happend this on a new bike?have you notice the same?i was reading two different magazines and the same think.i m thinking maybe it was bottomed hard on landings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 26, 2007 - 02:05 PM

The stock YZF muffler has a rather large "dent" pushed into it on the under side to help it clear the rear brake caliper when the suspension compresses.

• Jo77

Posted June 27, 2007 - 05:07 AM

The stock YZF muffler has a rather large "dent" pushed into it on the under side to help it clear the rear brake caliper when the suspension compresses.

thats is why.thanks grayracer:applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.