please keep me with the blue

7 replies to this topic
  • Henry

Posted September 20, 2000 - 10:00 PM

after a ride on my buddy ktm250exc, it make me thinking of getting one of the pumpkin.
But I still think that our blue machine is still the best bike around.
I'm very confused now, what should I do now folks?? please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!keep me with the blue bike!!!
:)

------------------
'98 WR400F, YZ timed, main:180, pilot:48, DVR needle 4th clip from top,
snorkel removed, YZ tank/seat combo, YZ front no.plate/rear fender,
DSP Ti exhaust system, Brembo front brake,steel braided hose, EZ clutch adjust perch,
Stroker billet rear brake reservoir

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted September 21, 2000 - 04:43 AM

Henry,
The grass always looks greener on the other side. With greener grass, you'll have more yard work. Be happy with what you have, and stop looking for reasons to change. It is a lot like a divorce.
I read that a lot of divorcees, AFTER the 20/20 hindsight steps in, regretted their decision. It may be easier and less costly to MODIFY your bike, than to swap it out for a new one (and then modify that one).

------------------
99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 09-21-2000).]

• Bryan Bosch

Posted September 21, 2000 - 05:13 AM

Mixing expensive oil with already expensive fuel, poor future economy, and rebuilding the top-end twice a year sounds fun to me. :)

I'm sticking with Blue.

• Taffy

Posted September 21, 2000 - 08:30 AM

Henry

go back a week to the KTM v WR post & read again about the KTM.

how can you even think of going? would a turkey vote for christmas?

three 250's shagged. the owners falling over each other to sell them. the answer to a warranty claim is no-now what's the question?

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted September 21, 2000 - 09:41 PM

Henry,
-Mixing gas and oil
-smokey exhaust
-oil drool down the tailpipe and on the fender
-Ring, ding, ding, ping, ping, sputter, sputter
-Jokes about Halloween

-Stick with your Thumper freinds, go ride up some big hills and enjoy the clean burnin high tech machine. :)

• Henry

Posted September 21, 2000 - 10:07 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the support of our blue monstor. Think I will stay with it from now on.
James, I don't have many thumper friends, mainly 2 smokers. But I'm the best rider among them. YEEEEEEEEeeeeeHHHHHHHHhAAAAaaaaaaa :D
I "smoke" most of the pumpkin with our mightly blue monstor. :)
I even outjump most of them in a MX track.
What I need is a rebuild on my suspension, what do you guys suggest??
Or should I get the 2000 WR400F?? :D

------------------
'98 WR400F, YZ timed, main:180, pilot:48, DVR needle 4th clip from top,
snorkel removed, YZ tank/seat combo, YZ front no.plate/rear fender,
DSP Ti exhaust system, Brembo front brake,steel braided hose, EZ clutch adjust perch,
Stroker billet rear brake reservoir

• Taffy

Posted September 22, 2000 - 12:47 PM

monseur henri

you know, when i first gawped me eyeballs on this website i was entranced by the raw enthusiasm you blokes had for your bikes & the fact that you were itching for the next years model to come on down.

who's talking, 12 months later about the next bike?

is it because the old buggers are on top of the pile? are we just too old to get enthusiastic about anything anymore.

next years bike is going to be brilliant, i'd love one! not one person has drooled about the 426cc, the new & improved something or other (which costs a lot of money!). jesus wept! the valves are made of unobtainium!!!!!the most expensive metal on the planet!!!

so don't buy that ktm equalling technology, buy the latest gizmo that makes you a man!

henri, 2001 is your year, how else could i have put it?

Taffy

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 23, 2000 - 03:42 AM

Heh,heh....Henri is probably still waiting for that red carpet and the crowning ceremony......

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.