petcock problems?

2 replies to this topic
  • Stumpy

Posted February 19, 2002 - 04:11 AM

Anybody had problems with the exit nipple(?) on the petcock coming out of the assembly? I was pulling off my fuel line and it came out with it. Should I be able to use a good epoxy on it or am I looking at a new unit? If I have to go new, I'll probably go with a Pingle, but I don't really want to lose my reserve. Any suggestions?
Stump

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZWR426

Posted February 19, 2002 - 06:43 AM

I had real good luck once with a similar situation once with JB Weld. I had a press in aluminum fitting on an aluminum casting. BUT - mine was an oil line. Perhaps calling the mfg of JB Weld would shed some light on suitability of use with fuel.

• Joel_Gibson

Posted February 19, 2002 - 12:39 PM

Same thing happened to me on my 98 WR. When I pressed it back in I twisted it slightly and it appeared to be a reasonably good interference fit. I could feel the wrenching of the two metals and I was not able to pull it out after that (it been a year ago). It has not been an issue since. It may be that the initial press fit was not done well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.