XR650L pilot jet question

3 replies to this topic
  • txmedic

Posted June 26, 2007 - 11:00 AM

Several searches have yielded different answers. Is the pilot jet that comes stock a different series than what is used to replace it? The OEM pilot appears to be a 26 series and the recommended replacement is a longer 21 series. Does that sound correct?

The OEM shorter pilot is recessed into the carb while the 21 series appears to be flush.

Also someone gave a part number for a hex style main. I bought the 8mm round to replace the the same style OEM main jet. Which is correct?

• martinfan30

Posted June 26, 2007 - 12:17 PM

Several searches have yielded different answers. Is the pilot jet that comes stock a different series than what is used to replace it? The OEM pilot appears to be a 26 series and the recommended replacement is a longer 21 series. Does that sound correct?

The OEM shorter pilot is recessed into the carb while the 21 series appears to be flush.

Also someone gave a part number for a hex style main. I bought the 8mm round to replace the the same style OEM main jet. Which is correct?

i ran into that too. didnt switch em tho cause i bought a fcr.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted June 26, 2007 - 12:32 PM

The longer one is incorrect, but will work.

I'm not sure, but I think the longer one I'm using might make it a little richer than the 'proper' one.

If you use the longer one, you may need to trim the slosh baffle to keep it from covering the pilot jet hole.

Dave

• Denn10

Posted June 26, 2007 - 01:17 PM

i found those mains in the little podunk shop also LOL got a 162 and 165 for testing but im sure the pilot is the 21 series but i had alot of those so didnt have to buy any

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.