3 replies to this topic
  • cphillis

Posted September 21, 2000 - 07:22 PM

Does anybody know what ratio the speedo needs to be on a 2000 Wr? I want to install a speedometer for my dual sport kit they require a odometer reading on the paper work. I found a web site that has mini speedometers but thay have different ratios like 1:1 2:1 or 2240:60. This site is for speedos for motorcycles but mainley for HD's. They will work but I just need to know the ratio, Please help.

• Clark_Mason

Posted September 21, 2000 - 07:51 PM

You can just enter an odometer reading on the paper work and call it an estimate (est) and it should sail right through.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 22, 2000 - 07:46 AM

Baja Designs sells a universal speedo ($65.00) which will hook up to your stock odometer cable.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 22, 2000 - 08:17 AM

I didn't have any trouble registering my '99 WR for street use w/o a speedometer or odometer. In fact, I had to do a full blown VIN verification since my bike was out of state & not registered - the inspector just indicated that odometer was beyond its mechanical limits/NA.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.