Race Fuel?

2 replies to this topic
  • Bradley

Posted September 21, 2000 - 06:30 PM

I just got my '00 WR last week. I had a '98 WR and I was reading the '00 manual and it specified Premium Unleaded 95 octane or higher. My '98 manual specified unleaded fuel. I always ran premium pump gas in my '98 and I was wondering if anyone was running leaded race fuel or aviation fuel and if you notice any difference.

Bradley

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cphillis

Posted September 21, 2000 - 07:36 PM

I have used race gas in my WR from day one I have used race gas even when I had a 2 stroke. When I did use pump gas it made the engine oil dirty faster and it gummed up the power valve on the two stroke that I had. I had to clean the power valve after every other ride. Then I switched back to race fuel and I would take the power valve apart after 8 rides and it was still clean. I can't say that I notice a difference in the way it runs but I know it keeps things alot cleaner inside the motor. The fuel I use is 100 octane unleaded. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Bradley:
I just got my '00 WR last week. I had a '98 WR and I was reading the '00 manual and it specified Premium Unleaded 95 octane or higher. My '98 manual specified unleaded fuel. I always ran premium pump gas in my '98 and I was wondering if anyone was running leaded race fuel or aviation fuel and if you notice any difference.

Bradley

• Taffy

Posted September 21, 2000 - 10:22 PM

i used to run avgas on my roadracer, also octane booster. there are no benifits unless the compression is very high-say a genuine MEASURED 12.5 to 1 or 13 to 1. this is a rough guide.

THE OCTANE BOOSTER WILL MELT THE PLASTIC FILTERS INTO A SCREEN SO NO FUEL CAN GET THROUGH. your bike will start ok & then it won't rev.

if your compression is too high the engine won't rev out. my special ducati roadbike used to be 14 to 1 but wouldn't rev beyond 8,500 & it was meant to go to 11,000.

race fuel doesn't give you a power boost it's the resulting higher comp you run that does. higher comp means a boost in the midrange more than top.

but boy will it f*** with your bottom end. it will show up any cock ups like o dear i forgot to change the oil. the little man with his hammer comes a knocking!!!

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.