fork off!

1 reply to this topic
  • JohnL

Posted February 19, 2002 - 03:43 AM

Actually fork oil, but still got to take them off I suppose.

My forks have (i think) a stiffer spring according to the last owner, but the sag is non existent, even with adjustment of the damping screw. I am 16 stone, so would think it would move a bit.

It also feels a bit gritty, so I am going to have a go at replacing the oil (checked the dust seal already, and all looks good there). My question is can you simply take off the fork legs and the cap and empty out the oil, or is a full strip down necessary??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted February 19, 2002 - 05:58 AM

You should do a full teardown, or at least remove the cartridges to drain them. Otherwise, you will leave a lot of dirty oil and crud in there.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.