4 replies to this topic
  • mdek

Posted September 19, 2000 - 07:55 PM

where can I find out how to take all of the uneeded crap off of my carb

• Taffy

Posted September 19, 2000 - 10:46 PM

on your left now , in the blue area it says "technical". click here. there is a section called "jetting" & the deoctopuss is #3. go to it. click select all & print it off. go out to your garage, get out your tool...............

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 20, 2000 - 01:32 PM

To anyone who has done this already, do you have to replace all the air jets with yz parts (like Clark advises)just to get rid of the hoses or can you remove and plug them without messing with the jets?(I still have wr timing)

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted September 20, 2000 - 03:47 PM

Unless my memory fails me, I thought Clark mentioned you should do all the jets, especially with YZ timing. I did and my bike works well, uhhh, as well as I can get it without putting it on an exhaust gas analyzer and having the entire Mikuni and Keihin tiger teams come in and precision grind all my jets to make the bike work like it supposed to. :)

You'll never miss your octopus!

99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!

• Taffy

Posted September 20, 2000 - 09:33 PM

without reading through my notes if i remember correcly you are only really asked to buy two jets.

the first is a 200 air jet. the second is a starter jet. on an old post a 60 was recommended & later a 65. euro bikes get a 62 anyway so i left it alone. sum total of bill is one jet & 3 bungs i found in the workshop.

so are you going to spend your money or shall we have a wip-round!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.