Anyone going to the Barstow to Vegas ride?

6 replies to this topic
  • BlueHondaEater

Posted September 19, 2000 - 10:19 AM

I was wondering if you have to be street legal to ride in it, anyone know?

• Steve_Morgan

Posted September 19, 2000 - 11:10 AM

Yep, street legal only. Last years event required about 10% street for the "difficult" options, and maybe 30% street for the easy/bailout options. 160 miles on day 1, 270 on day 2! On the road before sunrise, ride till dark both days (we took difficult options). Long, tiring, unbelievably dusty at times, a true endurance event. Can't wait to do it again this year! :)

• BlueHondaEater

Posted September 19, 2000 - 02:06 PM

Do you have to have a motorcycle endorsement too??

[This message has been edited by BlueHondaEater (edited 09-20-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Heywood

Posted September 19, 2000 - 02:27 PM

Do you you guys have a web page or phone number for more info on the ride? Is this put on by Dual Dogs?

I went out and watched the start of the "real" B to V back in the day. My Uncle lived in Yermo (ie: Barstow). It was awesome.

Too bad the greenies put and end to that. At least we have saved the desert for the multitude of environmentalists that flock to the middle of the fricken mojave desert each year to enjoy the sun, sand, rocks, turtles, endangered cockroaches, etc. Posted Image

• BlueHondaEater

Posted September 20, 2000 - 07:23 PM

Originally posted by Heywood:
Do you you guys have a web page or phone number for more info on the ride? Is this put on by Dual Dogs?

I went out and watched the start of the "real" B to V back in the day. My Uncle lived in Yermo (ie: Barstow). It was awesome.

Too bad the greenies put and end to that. At least we have saved the desert for the multitude of environmentalists that flock to the middle of the fricken mojave desert each year to enjoy the sun, sand, rocks, turtles, endangered cockroaches, etc. Posted Image

information on tour:
(626-792-7384) Paul OR (626)350-2101 Jim

• imported_Scott_H

Posted September 20, 2000 - 07:29 PM

You can get info on this ride from
http://www.district3...sport/index.htm

I've ridden the last 2 years. Steve's description is right. Lot of dust, but a lot fun!

Scott

• Heywood

Posted September 21, 2000 - 02:16 PM

Thanks guys!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.