Difference of top clamp on 99 & 00 YZ4XX?

2 replies to this topic
  • Solo

Posted June 25, 2007 - 08:48 PM

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 99 and 00 top clamp is?

Here's the story- I have a 00 WR400 and it goes without saying that it's basicly the same as a 99YZ with different gears and some plastics etc. I'm trying to buy a top clamp for my bike but finding a listing for a WR is impossible. They list them for 00-03 YZ4xx and I'm wondering if that will fit my 00 WR400.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted June 26, 2007 - 03:25 PM

I just finished putting an Applied Racing "wrap" clamp on my step-sons wr400. His is a 99.

The applied clamp works on the wr's. It has the necessary attachment spots for the odometer. It also has an extra bracket that allows the use of the 2001-2005 number plate or the 96-99 numberplate.

• Solo

Posted June 26, 2007 - 09:33 PM

That didn't really answer my question but thanks anyway. I'll know more on Thrusday when my 2000YZ top clamp gets here.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.