Elkins Flat ( Abeeb Ride )

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 17, 2000 - 04:55 PM

Mike Howard, and Monty took off bright and early for the Sierras Saturday morning for a full days ride. We staged at the flying (W) Ranch about 15 miles south east of Placerville. Started right off into the high Sierra trails, with deep loom, switch backs, and tight turaine. Most of the trails are unmarked, and we didn't see another motorcycle for our full mornings ride. We put in a 55 mile loop of the best high Sierra riding there is. We took trails back to Flying W Ranch where ( Bill ) our host had burgers on the Q and homemade lemonaide for lunch. After lunch Howard and Mike went out for a second loop where they ran acrossed another rider that was so far back in there, that he needed a G.P.S. to find his way out. Back to the flying W Ranch where our host Bill now has dinner ready for all of us. Homemade Raviolles, and lemonade , and cheese cake. What a meal.
Some of the best riding in the high Sierras, Some of the best people to ride with. You Northern Calif. riders need to get hooked up with us for some unbelievable riding. In closing there was something about 2 firemen in a smoked filled room or something (See Mike ) Best time riding thanks again . Monty

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 17, 2000 - 08:17 PM

I hate the 3 of you....

Is this the same area we'll ride on the Blue Lake DS?

Glad you had a good time.

Brian

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted September 17, 2000 - 10:16 PM

Monty,
That was a great day of riding. Next time I'll bring the camera. I'm still laughing about the smoky room. You should have seen Howard climbing these steep walls. Let's do it again soon!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 18, 2000 - 05:35 AM

Hi brian yes this is the blues lakes aera,mike you bet we will do it agian,next rain or sooner.Would you like to be on a joke list? seend me your e-mail and i'll put you on it.
monty

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 18, 2000 - 02:53 PM

Don't forget about the spinach salad with Rasberry Walnut dressing :D Monty you don't know what you were missing!Monty and Mike thanks for coming up to Bills (Flying W) Riding in the Sierras with your best budds can't be beat. Bill is the ultimate host I cant thank him enough for his hospitality :) Next time we will bring a camera to show these guys what they missed, but then again I hope they will be riding along with us.Next time we'll bring the cheesecake. I now look at firestations with a whole new perspective. :D thanks howard

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 18, 2000 - 03:32 PM

You got it howard bills flying W ranch is tops ,food,swiming,riding,and just kicking it.He also has parts for motorcycle and a full shop for repair.And yes we will have to bring the cake next time.Hay mike why did the chicken cross the road? [send e-mail]
monty

• Mike

Posted September 21, 2000 - 07:53 AM

Ok, Like Brian said, get a new one planned so I can be involved. Sorry I missed the day, but it sounds like a great ride.

Mike in Roseville

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.