Stock L exhaust.

5 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted June 25, 2007 - 05:42 PM

Ya know, it's nice having a quiet bike, it really is.

I went for a 170 mile ride yesterday and got to thinking just how silent these pipe are. If your at the right rpm and off the throttle coasting, it's almost as if the engine isn't running and it was nice in the mountains being with nature and not disturbing anything.

Heck, I passed two deer and they just watched me cruise on by, not sure if they would of done that if I had an after market pipe on?

YES, I like the stock set up very much, never thought I'd say that.

I'm almost afraid to purchase an AM exhaust but am thinking of the old white brothers e series super trapp style and running it as quiet (3-4 disc) as possible. :thumbsup: May be a mistake though. :thumbsup:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

• martinfan30

Posted June 25, 2007 - 06:17 PM

Ya know, it's nice having a quiet bike, it really is.

I went for a 170 mile ride yesterday and got to thinking just how silent these pipe are. If your at the right rpm and off the throttle coasting, it's almost as if the engine isn't running and it was nice in the mountains being with nature and not disturbing anything.

Heck, I passed two deer and they just watched me cruise on by, not sure if they would of done that if I had an after market pipe on?

YES, I like the stock set up very much, never thought I'd say that.

I'm almost afraid to purchase an AM exhaust but am thinking of the old white brothers e series super trapp style and running it as quiet (3-4 disc) as possible. :thumbsup: May be a mistake though. :thumbsup:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

that would be good for quietness and bottom end but you may suffer on top compared to a stock pipe. nice sneaking up on deer though!:busted:

• Huffa 2

Posted June 25, 2007 - 06:23 PM

that would be good for quietness and bottom end but you may suffer on top compared to a stock pipe. nice sneaking up on deer though!:thumbsup:

Exactly, for sure!

I don't rev my L at all, I love just using the torque and thumping in the low to mid range. The bike seems happier there. I'm in no race, just out for a good ride, that's all! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted June 25, 2007 - 06:36 PM

you are set up then!:thumbsup:

• Rockjockey

Posted June 26, 2007 - 04:28 AM

The main reason I bought an AM exhaust is so that the car drivers around me have a better chance of noticing me if they can also hear me. You can be in someones blind spot real easy and end up paying the consequences for them not seeing you there. It seems no matter where you are when something happens they say "I did not see you there". The stock pipe is nice and quiet but it can be dangerous too.

• Huffa 2

Posted June 26, 2007 - 05:22 AM

The main reason I bought an AM exhaust is so that the car drivers around me have a better chance of noticing me if they can also hear me. You can be in someones blind spot real easy and end up paying the consequences for them not seeing you there. It seems no matter where you are when something happens they say "I did not see you there". The stock pipe is nice and quiet but it can be dangerous too.

Most likely they would not hear/see you anyway as a large percentage would be too darn busy gabbing :cheers: :bonk: :lol: on the phone OR on the phone and Rocking out!!

It's nuts out there anymore!! :lol: :busted: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.