wr400

2 replies to this topic
  • mdek

Posted September 19, 2000 - 10:56 AM

I just bought a 2000 wr400 and was wondering which are the neccesary mods to make (which pipe, bars)do you really need to change the timing or jets

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2000WR400

Posted September 19, 2000 - 11:37 AM

I have the Pro Tapers for bars, and the White Bros Tapered Header pipe matched to the White Bros Pro Meg silencer. Pro Tapers are the only way to go, and for the pipe, all I can say is the bike flat out rips all through the rpms.

• Bill

Posted September 20, 2000 - 08:02 AM

YZ seat and tank is what I'd buy. Then a steering dampner. Pull the baffle, remove the airbox lid and re-jet. Then try a pipe.

I have all of the above and only would change the order in which I purchased them.

Later
Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.