Anyone at Elsinore yesterday?

6 replies to this topic
  • Heywood

Posted September 18, 2000 - 02:06 PM

I wondered if any of the regulars were out a Elsie yesterday. I saw on the news a 68 year old lady parachutist (?) died when her chute didn't open. She landed right next to the MX track. They had footage of the scene with police tape around her body and bikes ripping by in the background. Very scarry!

• MotoGreg

Posted September 18, 2000 - 04:57 PM

Erik and I were talking to the track operator there and he said people have landed ON THE TRACK before!! :)

------------------
The proceeding nonsense brought to you by MotoGreg
On two wheels (or 3) since 1970
'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a shwangy 916)
'99 WR/YZ400F 'Cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!
Visit my photo album for the bargain price of $75 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - EVIL LURKS WITHIN!

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted September 19, 2000 - 02:26 AM

And they say motorcycles are dangerous…

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted September 19, 2000 - 06:20 AM

I can see the liberal news media:

"Scientists have found a dangerous correlation between MX tracks and dying parachutists." News at 11pm. :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 19, 2000 - 07:28 AM

WOW, I thought that was a downed rider!! Good thing I cleared that double!!

• MotoGreg

Posted September 19, 2000 - 03:14 PM

Talked to someone who was riding... she landed ON THE TRACK!! On the Vet track, on one of the jumps. :)

------------------
The proceeding nonsense brought to you by MotoGreg
On two wheels (or 3) since 1970
'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a shwangy 916)
'99 WR/YZ400F 'Cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!
Visit my photo album for the bargain price of $75 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - EVIL LURKS WITHIN!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 20, 2000 - 09:44 PM

I was there but at the time riding on the big track but check this out. A friend that met us out there was stopped on the vet track watching some other friends dice and suddenly heard a flapping of fabric and a horiable slpat thud combo. She hit the earth about 15 feet from where he was. He was the first to her side, I will spare you of the graphic details. Put it this way he rode back to his truck loaded his bike and went home (he got a rain check at the gate). I'm sure that sound and visual was something he will never get out of his head. As for the rest of us we did one more session on the big track and called it a day...a very heavy day.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.