Clark....DSP airbox question

2 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted September 19, 2000 - 05:41 AM

Clark,
I FINALLY received my DSP airbox. I know you had mentioned you were getting an air (i.e. dirt) leak between the carb boot and airbox. You also mentioned you separated the two pieces and siliconed the snot out of the joint.
My question is on my box, the two pieces seem fairly permanently attached. Am I missing something? I want to ensure I get no leaks into my carb like you did.

Thanks Clark!!

Kevin

------------------
99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted September 19, 2000 - 01:45 PM

Hey Kevvie,

Did you order the velocity stack? I did not have any problems with the DSP airbox, as such I did not have any problems associated with the fitting of the boot with the velocity stack.

AS you can probably see, there is no rubber boot as does the stock airbox. When installing the airbox, make sure you attach the box to the carb before attaching the box to the frame. Also, you made need to use spacers between the back of the airbox, the rear subframe and the rear gaurd.

If you need help, send me a message and I will call you.

Mitch

• Clark_Mason

Posted September 19, 2000 - 04:06 PM

Kevan

My rubber carb boot was easily separeated maybe they refined the design. The problem with air/dirt getting in was through the CF weave between the filter and the carb!! I recommend you take the plastic lid off of a small aeirosol can use it in the boot put a hose clamp around the boot holding the lid in place. Turn the box so the sealed off boot is facing down and fill the CF boot section in front of the filter with water and watch to see if any water comes through the weave. There should be none....

I comnpeletely sealed my box in front of the air filter on the outside with black silicon an last weekend at Gorman again got dirt in the carby. This box is comin off my bike perminatly and I'm now running the DSP CF box only with the stock rubber boot and no problems so far.

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.