Pipe Suggestions

1 reply to this topic
  • Duc2nv

Posted September 18, 2000 - 06:58 PM

Just bought a new 00, WR. After the much needed removal of that stupid throttle stop, I'm ready to let the beast breath. What is the experince of this wise group of thumper experts, as far as the right pipe to fit. One source tells me to just remove the baffle and replace it with a Vortec tip? Seems liem your just trading one baffle for another. Whaaat's up? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted September 19, 2000 - 02:15 AM

Welcome to the group! Pipe choice has been discussed several times....you may want to search the archives. But unless the bike is not fast enough or has the power in the wrong rev range for your riding style. You may want to consider changing the seat and tank to the "YZ" style, whether it be stock or aftermarket. The change in handling is incredible....the bike actually turns. It seems the second favorite hop-up is a steering dampner. I've got one coming.

Did you remove the airbox lid and change the air filter....might want to do that also.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.