'02 WR426 w/ Turbocharger?

6 replies to this topic
  • WFO_Dave

Posted February 18, 2002 - 08:26 PM

Any of you guys have this too?
Can anyone enlighten me as to the Turbo charger sound this new 2002 426f has?

I hear this hint of what sounds like a turbo winding up that coinsides with throttle input. It's usually during mild accel and decel. Bike runs fine and is [/i]barely[i] broke in, (30 miles)?????????whatever????????????

• robman

Posted February 19, 2002 - 04:34 AM

Yes , Me and my fellow wr riders call it the tweety bird. :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 19, 2002 - 05:37 AM

Dave, That sound would be the TURBO CHARGER . Yamaha had the option of turbo's in 2002. I gealous of you!!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted February 19, 2002 - 07:29 PM

YOu guys have missed out on the WR limited Edition 'Outback Model' - only available in Australia. It has:

Factory big bore kit - 480cc - incredible torque
Fuel Injection - 300+ kms from one tank
Watercooled Turbocharger - for high speed desert runs at 250km/h
AM/FM/UHF/GPS 10CD stacker Satellite navigation unit - to keep you on track and entertained
Airconditioning - to keep you cool
Self inflating tyres - just like a Hummer
Four cupholders - count them - yes, four!
2 x 150 watt driving lights - for night time fun (or frying your bacon and eggs with)

I can't wait to see what they come out with to beat that in 2003 :)

• WFO_Dave

Posted February 19, 2002 - 10:39 PM

Yamaha has to stay on top one way or another :)

• WFO_Dave

Posted February 19, 2002 - 10:41 PM

I just never heard this "whine" with my WR400 I traded in so I was a little concerned.

I guess I'll have to carry along some 'cheeze' when I ride. :)

• Dan_aguirre

Posted February 20, 2002 - 02:18 PM

Is this the new model with Auto pilot, and air bags??

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.