Bike won't start

I have a 05 450 with 60 hours on it and just replaced the cam chain with tensioner last weekend and installed a Dr. D 6oz flywheel and checked the valves and put a new spark plug in. After I reassembled everything and tried to start the bike it wouldn't start so I pulled the cam covers off and rechecked the cam timing and the crank timing and noticed the intake cam was off about 1 tooth. I then retimed the intake cam (didn't touch the exhaust cam) and reassembled things only to have the same problem? Then I replaced the new plug with the old one and that still didn't work? I made sure that the plug had spark which it did, carb has fuel flow too. I forgot to recheck the intake valve clearences though? Could this be the problem?

Are you sure you lined up with the timing mark? I did the same thing on my old (and gone) CRF450. It looked like it was lined up, but when I got my eyes exactly level with the mark, I was still off.

The cam marks are as even as I could eye them up by lining my line of sight level with the top of the cylinder. The intake cam timing mark was about at the 2 o'clock position rather than the 3 o"clock position where it should of been. I only adjusted it by 1 tooth. And it does have good compression. I noticed that the new plug I installed has a different part # digit cr8e rather than a cr9e in it but everything looks the same including the gap that I checked? I also made sure that the plug cap is snapped on properly. When I rechecked the timing I rotated the crank about 2 revolutions to make sure that it didn't jump the chain or get misaligned and rechecked the crank timing and the cam timing looked good so I reassembled things.

Here's another question? With the Dr. D. 6oz flywheel what timing mark am I suppose to use on it? It has 3 indicators on it: #1. the blue stamped circle. #2. the vertical slash (this one lines up at T.D.C. Screwdriver in the plug hole method), #3. the symbol that looks like a H? Gotta call Dubach Racing tomorrow?

Got a good spark all the way out of the plug! It back fired/poped one or two times while pushing it down the street-gave it one twist of the throttle. The plug is getting fuel too? Piston is definately at tdc? Pulled the plug to let it dry out overnight and blew air in the plug hole too?

Was the plug wet? It is possible that you totally flooded it when you first tried to start it. That happened to a friend of mine....We ended up pull- starting it with his truck at Glen Helen.

Here's another question? With the Dr. D. 6oz flywheel what timing mark am I suppose to use on it? It has 3 indicators on it: #1. the blue stamped circle. #2. the vertical slash (this one lines up at T.D.C. Screwdriver in the plug hole method), #3. the symbol that looks like a H? Gotta call Dubach Racing tomorrow?

I believe the timing mark that lines up with the woodruff key is the one that matters. The woodruff key should be on the top of the crank directly in line with the cylinder/piston movement.

On a side note, you have fuel, right? ?

Called Dubach Racing this morning and was told to use the middle timing mark on the flywheel! That is the one that I used last night so I'll try again this morning to re kick/bump start it and let you know how it worked out. I already kicked the heck out of it yesterday but maybe it needs some more?

Found the problem!! The crank rolled just a little off of T.D.C. (just off the timing mark 1/8") while one of the cams were being timed...It doesn't take much pressure to roll the crank when it is at T.D.C. to throw it off when messing with the cams? Just by applying a little pressure to the exhaust cam while i was holding it in place was enough to roll the crank 1/8" off the timing mark. I thought I rechecked the crank but ??? Anyway, 1 foot blister and about 10 pounds of sweat later it's up and running...