Whats Next?????????

8 replies to this topic
  • kenny1234

Posted June 25, 2007 - 03:10 AM

07 wr450
tt ais removed
zip ty fuel screw
jd jetting kit jets as per jd instructions mj 165,pilot 48, blue needle 4th clip from top and thin o ring on carb
grey wire disconnected
throttle stop removed

bike runs smooth and sweet but am bit dissapointed with front wheel action just run bike in and wheelies in 2nd and 3rd but seems to be bit intermittant was really hoping moment i crack throttle in low gears i d be front wheel high every time, my bike just seems to hook up and shoot off in straight line.
just wonderd if there s anything else i can do to make bike better spent all me money on it and want it to be best it can be,:thumbsup: so wondered whats next???? dont really wanna crack engine open and be fitting cams etc as doubt i ll ever be able to ride this bike to maximum capacity as it is, but do like peace of mind in knowing i ve got it set the best i can set it
cheers

• spick

Posted June 25, 2007 - 03:55 AM

Did you pull the snorkel out of the airbox?

• kenny1234

Posted June 25, 2007 - 05:22 AM

yea sorry 4got 2 mention that

• Island Boy

Posted June 25, 2007 - 05:46 AM

I have done the same on my 07 but with JD Jetting and I have a Dr D full race exhaust. The bike pulls extremely hard in 2nd and 3rd. have you done anything with your exhaust?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted June 25, 2007 - 07:13 AM

Read this and decide for yourself what you want to do next.

http://www.thumperta... saves big $$$$

WR Dave

• FreeRideSouth

Posted June 25, 2007 - 07:23 AM

07 wr450
my bike just seems to hook up and shoot off in straight line.

Jeeze you would think Yamaha would have designed it to get all out of shape or not hook up or something :thumbsup:

I have the same bike/year... Did the same work and compared to how it ran when it was delivered I was/am happy. Power wheelies through forth but with very controlable power. If you aren't in the power band it may not come up as easy, kind of like a 2 banger but seems to be a stronger, longer pull to me.

• kenny1234

Posted June 25, 2007 - 08:08 AM

i must be in a trance sorry guys i have fmf header(powerbomb) and q4 tail pipe
i m brian dead
cheers

• spick

Posted June 25, 2007 - 08:41 AM

Nice to meet you Brian.

• kenny1234

Posted June 25, 2007 - 09:34 AM

i must be in a trance sorry guys i have fmf header(powerbomb) and q4 tail pipe
i m brian dead
cheers

see what i mean

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.