2000 WR jetting

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 18, 2000 - 11:58 AM

I have a new 2000 WR which I love and count the days untell my next ride. It has a Pro Circuit T4 pipe and silencer with the stock jetting. There is plenty of power but the motor seems a little rough in the low rpms and alot of back firing. I'm is sc cal and ride sea lev to 3000 feet. Is there anyone out there that is running the same set up or a jetting guru who could help me out. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gary_Kessler

Posted September 18, 2000 - 12:26 PM

Lot's of help for that here. See the following link http://www.thumperta...ing_tables.html

That's a good place to start. Usually, backfiring means a lean condition, so you have to increase your Pilot and Main jet. It also depends on if you've changed your cam timing from WR to YZ, which will make a difference.

Do a search on "jetting" also and you'll find TONS of info! If you're still stuck look up James Dean or Clark Mason. They're a couple of the foremost experts on Jetting.

Happy jetting. . . . :)

------------------
'00 WR; YZ modified, DSP exhaust system & UNI air filter, Jetting by the firm of Clark, James & Bryan; soon to have Damper because I keep crashing (like it's going to help!). . .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.