Are all Aussie Dealers this useless?

10 replies to this topic
  • RJB

Posted June 24, 2007 - 09:34 PM

So, have tried to email 2 different Yamaha dealers (from the Yamaha site) requesting availability of parts and pricing. Neither has even had the decency to respond. My emails were followed up with reminders. They have had over 3 weeks to respond. Either business is too good, or Yamaha needs to appoint new dealers. :thumbsup:

• SID013

Posted June 25, 2007 - 12:49 AM

Hiya, I don't think Yamaha are alone in this lack of responsiveness. I have tried many times to contact suppliers via their website contact email address with no luck. When you look into a lot of the websites out there it can be years since some of them updated their sites. Makes you wonder if they really want business or not.......:thumbsup: I deal with a lot of big companies out there for my work & get nothing from a lot of them.

Pete from Oz

• gregwr450f

Posted June 25, 2007 - 01:02 AM

So, have tried to email 2 different Yamaha dealers (from the Yamaha site) requesting availability of parts and pricing. Neither has even had the decency to respond. My emails were followed up with reminders. They have had over 3 weeks to respond. Either business is too good, or Yamaha needs to appoint new dealers. :thumbsup:

Lots of businesses are crap in Oz, I recently contacted one regarding the purchase of some items, over 80k worth and they never got back to me so I spent my money elsewhere.

I don't use any dealers for my parts anymore, I use this bloke who is much cheaper.... http://www.dirtbikes...805afa44550204f

• 450high

Posted June 25, 2007 - 01:30 AM

RJB what are you chasing.Is it parts or information?.Can't you get any in your part of the world.And yes they do need beter dealers.

• bluebike1999

Posted June 25, 2007 - 01:40 AM

i think having had the leading product for so long has made some Yamaha dealers a little smug.
The one in my home town of Launceston, Tasmania is managed ( if thats the word) by a bloke with a smug attitude, that unless you are part of their 'in ' crowd, you are treated like shit.

this is what motivated me to set up
www.dirtbikestuff.com.au ( thanks for the plug greg, and yes there will be a discount on bits in the future, as always) simply because i refuse to give the smug turd, Mal, any of my hard earned money.

my last dealings with the launceston dealership was to take my wifes TTR230 to have a 'noise' in the transmission checked out. not wanting to hassle them i waited a week before ringing, the response
" we couldnt find your details (bought brand new there 11 months previous) and we knew if you wanted it you'd come and get it,oh and by the way, we couldnt hear anything"... the noise is still there, but cant be too bad.

thats why i am really enjoying selling heaps of parts to many of their former customers.... i dont get mad....

Combined with almost 300 members on our other site
www.trailriderz.com.au
we are helping lots of Yamaha owners keep there bikes going... and for far less.
dont get angry, log on to our site and save $$$

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RJB

Posted June 25, 2007 - 01:43 AM

RJB what are you chasing.Is it parts or information?.Can't you get any in your part of the world.And yes they do need beter dealers.

I'm looking to buy a number of parts (from various GYTR bits, radiator guards, ASV levers, to plain old oil filter). I'll be in Perth/WA/NT for 3 weeks on holiday soon and wanted to buy/pick them up when I was there. If they don't have the stock, they could've possibly gotten it by then. There is no real dealer here in Brunei, and he hasn't even got oil filters, so the rest is a definite no. Right now I simply can't be stuffed and will order from the US and get it shipped here. Will cost quite a bit in shipping, but at least I get a response. :thumbsup:

• fitzy

Posted June 25, 2007 - 04:10 AM

PM me if you want to still find a dealer in OZ. I will give you the email of a GOOD dealer with spare parts people to match who will look after you:ride:
And I here what you are saying about some dealers. Usless!!!!

• wild west al

Posted June 28, 2007 - 01:20 AM

try www.ballards.cc for some really good aftermarket radiator guards and other specials on all sorts .These folk race bikes so they already have a heads up on what your talking about .they also do 10 packs on oil filters at a really good price

• RJB

Posted June 28, 2007 - 05:59 AM

try www.ballards.cc for some really good aftermarket radiator guards and other specials on all sorts .These folk race bikes so they already have a heads up on what your talking about .they also do 10 packs on oil filters at a really good price

Folks - thanks for the contacts & tips. Have dumped an order on Thumpertalk and RockyMountain this time round, but will be contacting the folks on Oz you have mentioned for other stuff later. Happy trails

• biker t

Posted June 28, 2007 - 06:19 AM

Tell you what, S.Africa isnt that much better for yamaha service. wait for days for a simple item and its you the customer that has to continuously phone asking if the item has come. if you dont phone, no more said about you spares. Got to a point where i changed to suzuki(RMZ 450). WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN SERVICE.

• yzfmatt

Posted July 01, 2007 - 03:31 AM

Hi there.I know you said you already got the bits you wanted,but whilst in Perth maybe check out five star yamaha on rockingham rd in hamilton hill (near fremantle).They are the best shop I`ve found,I bought my last three bikes off them and although they are always busy they are helpful and carry a fair bit of stock.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.