Does anyone know anything about the 660 Raptor?

4 replies to this topic
  • BlueHondaEater

Posted September 17, 2000 - 06:52 PM

I think the new 660R Raptor is cool! But should I wait until it is out for a few years to get one so they can get all the bugs out or do you think there will be any bugs to get out?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 17, 2000 - 07:09 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kermit

Posted September 17, 2000 - 09:21 PM

I would, just look at what they have done with the WR/YZ 400/426
It is wicked evil machine though!!!
It is getting good reviews

• Hick

Posted September 18, 2000 - 09:43 PM

I read that the motor used is based on an engine they already make, so that is a good sign that the motor should be reliable.

I haven’t seen one but they are supposed to rip. Probably faster and lighter than that yellow whale and may even handle better than TRX. I suppose you could wait a year to see if Honda updates TRX, but I don’t see any reason not to get the Raptor.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 18, 2000 - 06:51 PM

Regarding the motor it has been around a long time ..... Yamaha made it in about 1990 as the XTZ660 (5 valve watercooled) for Europe only at the time.... It came to the US in the MZ line of bikes....go here to see them..... http://www.motorradn...her/panther.htm ..... which have been selling here for about 7 years (I think) they make street, tour, D-S, Motard, all with the same 50HP Yamaha motor with a good reliability record....... It is also one of the most popular bikes for the world Super-Mono roadracing series, with those crazies pumping them up to 88HP (big $$$)... I think the lower end is probably the same as the Grizzly (a guess)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.