YZ ignition box?

22 replies to this topic
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted July 21, 2000 - 12:37 AM

Originally posted by Taffy:
Matt

i stand corrected on those tolerances. we are agreed that each ignition has it's benefits (wr best at bottom & yz at top). so the vortex covers it all hey!!!!

plug! plug! plug! (you've more teeth with that salesmans smile than james coburn!)

clark used to have a steady throttle stutter which was, in his case, not cured i believe. the ignition was modified to 'ISDE'. also why have two curves when one is never used.

how much!!!

yes... we are agreed!
I can't quite get my head around the teeth thing.. (I thikn its the brown liquids fault! :) )
I think you'd use both curves when you get used ot having the switch there.. 1 for wood and another for WFO stuff.

I'd have to check.. but for the Vortex Dual Curve prob about $280-$300+freight..
The Vortex distributer in the US is charging around $365+p&p.

I'd do them for the best price I can/around! :D :D

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted July 21, 2000 - 06:51 PM

I have the standard performance and the torque curves in my VORTEX and it works great. I was able to jet out the majority of the slight "hitch" which occasionally happens when crusing at 1/8 thorttle in top gear on the street. I never notice it in the dirt as too much other stuff is going on. I did at one time try the ISDE curve but went back to the torque curve. You can use both curves effectivly.

Clark

• Taffy

Posted September 18, 2000 - 04:08 AM

there ya go!

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.