lets ride elkins flat

9 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 14, 2000 - 06:44 PM

Mike[silcon[ Howard,monty are going to elkins flat for a sat. ride up high in the sierras any body else, won't to go.Meeting at I-HOP in dixon ca, 6;00am to 6;45 am sept 16th all new trails deep woods and hills.
monty

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 14, 2000 - 08:07 PM

Monty I gave Bill a call his house is @ Grizzly Flats no response. Deep woods sond great the steeper the better. See you Saturday morning:]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 15, 2000 - 06:45 AM

Ok Howard see you guys at my house 6;30 sat.
monty :)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 15, 2000 - 08:36 AM

Doesn't look like I can make it tomorrow. where the heck is Elkins Flat?

Brian

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 15, 2000 - 09:05 PM

Brian Elkins flat is up highway 50 to slypark road off ramp[13 miles east of placerville] then monron trial road to north south road and down to elkins flat.Lots of high sierra riding nice and cool,about 4000 to 6000 ft,deep woods,loom trials,geart down hills,swicthbacks,and full out fireroads.You need to make some of these rides your missing out :)
monty

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 15, 2000 - 09:17 PM

yeah, yeah - I hear you. I'm going to do my best to make it the DS ride at the end of the month. Will that atone for my sins?

Brian

• Mike

Posted September 15, 2000 - 09:54 PM

You guys are killing me. I haven't ridden since the last Stoneyford Ride. I am dying here. I can't go the 16th either. Two kids soccer games and flying to Texas on Sunday. Set up another one quickly. I think I forgot how to ride. I'll have to jump on my boys xr 100 to remember how. can you say JEALOUS. :) Please post your day so I can live vicariously through you all.

Mike in Roseville

------------------
98WR White Bros E Series stock head pipe, IMS Tank/seat Pro Tapers Works Connection guards. Stock timing

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 15, 2000 - 10:49 AM

Mike and Brian the only way your sins can be atone is to be rootsed 2 time by a wr at stonyford or georgetown on the best day of riding [after a rian and sunny] we will plan the trip and let you know, you guys need help fast i have seen this posession before it get's real ugly.
monty

• uplate

Posted September 15, 2000 - 07:50 PM

Originally posted by Mike:
You guys are killing me. I haven't ridden since the last Stoneyford Ride. I am dying here. I can't go the 16th either. Two kids soccer games and flying to Texas on Sunday. Set up another one quickly. I think I forgot how to ride. I'll have to jump on my boys xr 100 to remember how. can you say JEALOUS. :) Please post your day so I can live vicariously through you all.

Mike in Roseville

Mike you are really missing out. You don't know me but I will get the chance to meet all of you someday soon. I used to live in Grizzly Flat and they are right, the riding is way cool. A motocrosser at heart but for about 20 years my riding/practice area was the woods around Elkins Flat. (What't up with the flat, there aren't many flat spots) Hope to run into you soon. Oh, and it's not anywhere near Texas.

• Mike

Posted September 17, 2000 - 06:18 AM

Uplate,

thx for rubbing it in. I did get in two hours yesterday at Mammoth Bar, but I am sure no comparison. Look forward to hooking up with you and the gang soon. Time to catch my plane.

Mike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.