Darin's zerk fitting???

2 replies to this topic
  • James_in_New_Mexico

Posted September 15, 2000 - 03:35 AM

Has anyone tried Darin's headset zerk fitting from the technical section? If so, how do you like it? Would you recommend it and what kind of grease are you using? :confused

James

------------------
If you haven't laid it down, you're not riding hard enough!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gary_Kessler

Posted September 15, 2000 - 04:36 AM

Hey James,

My guess on the grease would be lithium, water-proof, high temp. . .since that's what Yammie recommends in the manual. Should be easy to find a AutoZone or someplace like that. I haven't gotten to the zerk fittings yet. .I'll be interested to see. Been busy fixing my bike from another crash!! Too much gravity!

------------------
'00 WR; YZ modified, DSP exhaust system & UNI air filter, Jetting by the firm of Clark, James & Bryan; soon to have Dampner because I keep crashing (like it's going to help!). . .

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 15, 2000 - 08:43 AM

Rode this past weekendin 100+ temps again and because the oil is carried in the frame some of the grease cooked out of the steering head.

Couple of pumps on the zerk. No problemo.

------------------
Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.