Seat length

3 replies to this topic
  • yzf450jack

Posted June 24, 2007 - 09:57 AM

I put a 03 WR tank on my 03 YZ450 and the seat is to long can someone go out and measure there seat from front to back for me and what year it is I got a new 06 wr seat and it's too long also Thx.

• Mutu

Posted June 24, 2007 - 04:42 PM

The '03 -'04 had a bigger tank than the '05 - '06.
You really need a '03 - '04 wr seat.
SDG make a good cheap one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BEAN329

Posted June 27, 2007 - 10:46 PM

I would like to go the otherway, shorter seat. Has anyone reduced the height of the seat near the tank to make it easier to ride for shorter people.

• INJURY_69

Posted June 28, 2007 - 07:33 AM

you'll have to carve out a notch in the seat base (turn in upside down). I used a heat gun. Notch it up about an inch and round out the top like an " i " and you'll be able to use it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.