Just picked-up a 98 XR650L

No replies to this topic
  • JNR

Posted June 23, 2007 - 03:10 PM

Over the years on this forum, I have been a KTM 520 EXC owner, a KTM DukeII owner, a Suzuki DRZ 400 (highly modified), and as of today after being bikeless for over a year I am back again having just picked-up a used 98 XR650L from a bike shop owner/friend. Its in great shape with 5400 miles on the odo, fresh rubber, the carb mods completed on it, and the stock muffler modified to remove some of the baffles. It runs great, has a nice tone, but isn't overly loud which should bode well with the local authorities.

I was looking for a dual sport that would be user-friendly for 50mile round trip commutes from time-to-time and the XR is much better equipped for the road tasks than my previous 520 EXC or DRZ 400 were. I am fortunate to have some great dual sport riding areas literally right where I live, so the bike will get to see plenty of creek crossings and backroads riding as well as the blue highway treks from time-to-time. I will have to get some pics of the bike posted soon.

Btw-if anyone has any passenger pegs/brackets they want to sell, pm me.

Thanks!!:thumbsup:

Jeff

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.