Milky Oil. Changed it. Seized.

28 replies to this topic
  • JTC17

Posted June 28, 2007 - 03:20 PM

never heard of condensation like that happening to oil and making it change colors like that. i would have thought that it would have been something to do with your cooling system micing in with your oil. thats usually the key sign. you got lucky that they decided to cover it to otherwise thatd be a big f-in bill for you

• SV650WR450F

Posted June 28, 2007 - 04:11 PM

The mystery parts are as follows...

The phillips head screws are likely the ones that hold on the black triangular piece that covers the airbox on the right side. The spacer goes to the collar that holds the airbox boot to the intake side of the carb. The bracket with the two fingers goes between the subframe strut and the exhaust midpipe on the right side. The hex bolt may be a seat bolt, a subframe bolt or an exhaust bolt. I believe it's a 10mm, possibly a 12mm, which are used all over the bike...SC

That's quite impressive... and thank you very much. :thumbsup:

EDIT: The hex bolt connects the starter lead to the relay.

• SV650WR450F

Posted June 28, 2007 - 05:50 PM

The mystery parts are as follows...

The phillips head screws are likely the ones that hold on the black triangular piece that covers the airbox on the right side. The spacer goes to the collar that holds the airbox boot to the intake side of the carb. The bracket with the two fingers goes between the subframe strut and the exhaust midpipe on the right side. The hex bolt may be a seat bolt, a subframe bolt or an exhaust bolt. I believe it's a 10mm, possibly a 12mm, which are used all over the bike...SC

Clark-

Do you see the screws or spacer in this picture? TIA

Posted Image

• ccoates445

Posted June 28, 2007 - 07:50 PM

sure beats an e-bay motor. way to go.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted June 29, 2007 - 08:46 AM

The screws are part number 22, and the spacer is included in part number 10...SC

• SV650WR450F

Posted June 29, 2007 - 10:06 AM

The screws are part number 22, and the spacer is included in part number 10...SC

Wow, I guess those 2 screws play a role in keeping water/dust/debris out... :thumbsup:

• SV650WR450F

Posted July 18, 2007 - 11:25 AM

Well, 3.5 weeks and $222.50 later, I've got my bike back. :thumbsup:

New Cylinder Head, piston and rings.

Now, do I break the rings in like a maniac or follow standard procedure? I'm leaning towards the maniac side since I doubt I can handle 10 hours of putting around after a 3 week layoff...:thumbsup:

• waynus

Posted July 18, 2007 - 12:26 PM

Well, 3.5 weeks and $222.50 later, I've got my bike back. :busted:

New Cylinder Head, piston and rings.

Now, do I break the rings in like a maniac or follow standard procedure? I'm leaning towards the maniac side since I doubt I can handle 10 hours of putting around after a 3 week layoff...:thumbsup:

Standard procedure is to ride like a maniac :thumbsup:

It'll bed them in better if you load it. Just ride like you normally would and don't baby it imo

• sirrottendog

Posted November 14, 2010 - 01:03 AM

my 93 te 350 did the same thing this arvo,ran strong for 5 mins ,,seized but turns when pushed backwards in gear,aghhhhh!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.