Need Some Expertice From The Wr Forum

3 replies to this topic
  • ToooFaarOutt

Posted June 23, 2007 - 09:06 AM

Ok guys here is the big question. Will a 2001 wr426 Motor fit in a 2003 wr250 frame with out any bull shit. I just want it bolt in ...You know no modifications. Can it be done real simple engine swap. Next question. Is there a difference in suspention in the wr450 and wr250 in reguards to the difference in the wieght of the bike. Or would it be best to swap the suspention from the 2001 wr as well.
Thank you

• Mutu

Posted June 23, 2007 - 07:16 PM

Suspension is different. The 426's susp was old school, the newer 250's suspension would be a way better starting point.

The 426's forks had .46kg/mm springs I think from memory, and the 250's fork springs were.44kg/mm? Just search the racetech site and find out for sure......

I would be guessing if I said the motor should bolt straight in......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted June 23, 2007 - 07:21 PM

[COLOR="Green"]with no bull shit involved?
I cant change the pilot on these bikes with no bull shit involved
Im going to be real surprized when you tell me a 426 motor jumped right into a 2 year newer 250 frame[/COLOR]

• Mutu

Posted June 23, 2007 - 07:30 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Im going to be real surprized when you tell me a 426 motor jumped right into a 2 year newer 250 frame[/COLOR]

Manufacturers "usually" use the same mounting holes.

But yes, might involve a bit of crap! But being steel frame, should be a piece of piss to modify.

I'm just figuring out how to throw my CR500 engine in a CR250 aluminium frame.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.