How Much?

7 replies to this topic
  • Steve_B

Posted September 11, 2000 - 10:09 AM

I'm trying to sell my 98 WR400.It has Scotts steering damper and Pro Taper bars,IMS gas tank and seat,suspension revalved with Eibach springs,Sidewinder chain and sprockets.It is YZ timed and jetted.It has never been raced and i'm not a very aggresive rider so the motor is still fresh.How much do y'all think i can get for it?I'm trying for about 5000$.Thanks for any input.

• Dougie

Posted September 11, 2000 - 10:19 AM

Sell the bike, KEEP the Dampner.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400 with a lot of dumb, stupid, here take my money, I have to have them but they don't make me a better rider extra mods.
(Except the dampner :))

• Vincent

Posted September 11, 2000 - 10:27 AM

Or better yet... sell me the dampner. I just so happen to be in the market for one.

vincent@mwr.is

• Hick

Posted September 11, 2000 - 11:01 AM

Steve B,

I’m sure your bike is worth the money but, depending on your area, you may have a hard time getting $5,000. There is a 99 WR w/ low hours in the PHX paper for $3,400 (that is so cheap it makes you wonder). I bought my YZ426 new for 5k and some guy is selling his ’00 KTM 400 SX on this site for 5k. I don’t know what a new WR goes for but I would want a few thousand off for a going-on-three year old bike, plus the ’01 WR has several improvements over the ’98.

As for the mods and extras I don’t think you can expect anybody to pay too much, if anything, extra for them. Unless you are getting out of riding altogether you should hang on to the damper.

So maybe you should start in the $4,500 range.

…but that is only my opinion.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ScottyR

Posted September 11, 2000 - 11:43 AM

A guy had a 98 advertised in our bike trader for $5000 Canadian and I talked to him on the weekend, he has had no calls on it at all in the last 3 weeks. I just sold my 2000 WR400 for $6000 CDN which is about $4300 US dollars.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted September 11, 2000 - 01:56 PM

Bought my cherry 99 wr in July for $4,850.00. $5k will be tough, even with aftermarket parts. If availability is low in your area, you might have some luck.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 11, 2000 - 05:18 PM

Aftermarket parts dont mean diddley to 99% of the people looking at your bike. When I bought mine new, I took all the stock plastic put it in a box and when I go to sell it, it will go back to completly box stock. I sold a 95 XR 600 a couple years ago and I got no more out of it with all the extra accessories on it than I would have with nothing on it.
What am I gonna do with all my accessories?

Sell them here of course! :)

------------------
Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

• Bill

Posted September 12, 2000 - 02:35 AM

Most around here (North Carolina) are going from 4500-4800. I've seen box stock, low hour bikes and tricked out race bikes in this range.

I got my 99WR new for $4800. Got lucky and caught the end of the year clearance.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.