jetting question about FMF Powercore

3 replies to this topic
  • albertlui

Posted June 23, 2007 - 07:30 AM

My bike is 06 WR450F, just changed to FMF Powercore with the stock headpipe. And then did some jetting. But the bike become slow respond in 0-1/2 throttle. And more difficult to pull up my front wheel. Can anybody advise me how to improve it? :thumbsup:

Old setting is:
Stock exhaust and removed all inserts.
Pilot Jet: 45
Main Jet: 168
Jet Needle: stock Pos 3
Fuel screw: 1.5 out

Now setting is:
FMF Powercore
Pilot Jet: 48
Main Jet: 170

• KennyMc

Posted June 23, 2007 - 01:45 PM

I put the FMF Powercore on my 07 WR450 and at the same time did the following:

removed air box snorkle(sp)
removed grey wire
removed AIS system
installed JD Jetting
168 main
48 pilot
red needle 4th from the top groove
zip-ty fuel screw out 2 turns

The bike runs great.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailordune

Posted June 24, 2007 - 01:15 AM

My bike is 06 WR450F, just changed to FMF Powercore with the stock headpipe. And then did some jetting. But the bike become slow respond in 0-1/2 throttle. And more difficult to pull up my front wheel. Can anybody advise me how to improve it? :thumbsup:

Old setting is:
Stock exhaust and removed all inserts.
Pilot Jet: 45
Main Jet: 168

Now setting is:
FMF Powercore
Pilot Jet: 48
Main Jet: 170

Move your needle up 1 groove, notch 4 and go from there. The needle is definetely your problem.

• albertlui

Posted June 24, 2007 - 03:44 AM

kenshaw720, I had done all free mods, but I don't have the JD jet kit, so I am not sure how to reference your setting, thanks.

Move your needle up 1 groove, notch 4 and go from there. The needle is definetely your problem.

I found that the bike will be choking in high RPM if i put the needle higher. And the engine will be easier stall in fast open throttle. How to prevent this?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.