Hot start problems

3 replies to this topic
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted September 11, 2000 - 03:36 PM

Hey all,

All this talk about oranges and I am getting hungry. ANyway, I have had my first real problem with the hot start. Mine was not closing correctly, the result was a loss in bottom end. Not so much a loss, but poor performance on the bottom end.

So, everytime you change the oil, pull apart the hot start and clean that also.

Regards
Mitch

• Clark_Mason

Posted September 11, 2000 - 04:21 PM

Mitch etal

A simple fix for this or any future problem with closure of the HS button on 98-99WR's and YZ's is to purchase a small "O" ring about 5/16" OD x 3/16" ID. Take the HS button appart and slip the "O" ring under the plunger and all sealing problems are solved. Kregan has these in the USA and any auto parts stores should have them. Look for small "O" rings and look in the air conditioning section also.

Clark

[This message has been edited by Clark Mason (edited 09-11-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted September 11, 2000 - 06:04 PM

Clark, have you had the hotstart apart on the 00 carb? have you seen any problems with them? I've had no problems with it, just wanted to know if anybody else had.Thanks

• Clark_Mason

Posted September 11, 2000 - 06:09 PM

Dave

No I have very little experience with the 00 Carb. My comments as stated refer to the 98-99 Carbs.

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.