air box to carb question

2 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted June 22, 2007 - 06:50 PM

hey guys you know the hose that runs between the air box and the carb? how do you get that back on after taking it off? (on the carb side) the frame is completely in the way and i tried from the other side. any tips would be apprecitated.

ps. just installed fuel screw and Boysen quick shot :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted June 22, 2007 - 10:17 PM

I had the same problem 2 days ago, after rejetting and installing a new fuel screw. I did it by loosening up the clamp really well and losening up the subframe to get free movement. hope this helps.

• fdubaaron

Posted June 23, 2007 - 12:11 PM

Patience and skinny fingers help a lot. I rejetted my carb a few weeks ago and when I went to reassemble everything I ran into the same problem. No doubt, it's not easy to reach to help the hose back onto the carb but it can be done. I was on the left side (petcock side) and used a small flat-head screwdriver to reach underneath the bottom side of the hose to help fit it around the port on the carb. Be careful not to cut up the inside of the hose, you're not prying, just creating a little guide of sorts. With some patiences and some bruised knuckles I finally got it on. Yeah, it's a pain but so far everything about the 07 carb is a pain as far as I've seen.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.