my bike is runnign wierd

4 replies to this topic
  • gomer334

Posted June 22, 2007 - 03:47 PM

Welll i went out riding today and i went out of this trail and went to cross the road to go to the trail acrosss from it and hit the gas and my bike wne bog and stalled i have a yz400f well i sat there kicking and kick wiated a little long kicked it and it started up went ahead to the trail and as soon as i got on the trail bog and it wouldnt start again well i did this 3 times intill i got to a spot wheere my step dad came out and picked me up im running 94 in it and there was gas in it it starts now but it will start to bog and then runn then bog any suggestions to wat would be wrong with it???

• jayh300

Posted June 22, 2007 - 05:47 PM

could be a lot of things.... first I would check your gas cap. Mine stopped venting and would actually vapor lock. try riding it with the cap about a third of a turn loose and see if that helps.
cheap place to start.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted June 22, 2007 - 11:06 PM

If that dont work you can try pulling the choke out and open the throttle up. This is an old trick I learned back in the day,........doing this is suppose to let any dirt that might have gotten into the carb........out. I've all ways herd that if you had a bike that bogged or missed a little to try this (if you suspected dirt in the carb) that it would blow it out. You can try it......And who knows!...... It just might work if by any chance you may have a spec of dirt stopping up one of your jets.

• brolo747

Posted June 23, 2007 - 12:31 AM

have you jetted your bike for your elevation??? Also try an edelbrock carb if you can afford it they kick ass!!! Do you have a fuel filter in your fuel line??? Also check your spark plug gap and see what kind of shape the plug is in eg: oil fouled, carbon fouled or something like that.... The vent hose is an important one also... Also take a flashlite and check you're tank for crap in in like pine needles, leaves dirt, and crap that shouldn't be there... Like was previously stated it could be a lot of things... but at least you got an idea where to start... :thumbsup:

• gomer334

Posted June 23, 2007 - 08:25 AM

yes thanks for the ideas ya its so wierd ive never jetted it for my elevation but ive had it now for like 2 months never had a pronblem with it its always bin reliable and now it runs for like a minute then u hit the gas and it goes bog

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.