Front wheel cocked slightly after wheel install?

2 replies to this topic
  • Naru

Posted June 22, 2007 - 03:39 PM

Maybe someone has an idea, because I'm totally out of 'em.

I just pulled my spare XR650R out of storage and went through the bike, rebuilding the forks and lubing all of the bearings. For the front end, forks were removed and rebuilt, and stem/lower TC was removed and bearings were greased. When reinstalling the wheel I made sure to tighten axle first, then spin the wheel and brake-check it 5 times, then tightened the right fork clamp nuts. Anyway, now the front wheel sits to the right a bit (about what you'd see after a moderate crash). I've tried removing the wheel and forks and reinstalling everything with no change. So, does anyone have any ideas what it could be? I really doubt the TC's are bent (the last few times I rebuilt the bike the wheel was perfectly straight and this bike has never been crashed hard).

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jetfuel

Posted June 23, 2007 - 05:48 AM

I would recheck the upper and lower triple clamp alignment to one another ..if they are tweaked ever so slightly that misalignment shows up more dramatically at the other end of the forks causing the wheel to be off center ...

• motomanmike27

Posted June 23, 2007 - 07:13 AM

this happened to me before, loosen all for bolts, move the wheel into the posision where youd like it to be, then tighten the fork bolts back up again. make sure you dont over tighten

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.