Go Moto Greg!!!!!

13 replies to this topic
  • So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 04, 2000 - 04:00 PM

First of all, I just want to say thanks Greg, today was alot of fun at Elsinore MX.
We gotta do that again with all the guys, maybe we can get more thumperheads to meet us out there on Saturday morning. Anyway to get to the main topic, everybody who reads this post please say something to encourage Greg to clear this one simple step down table-top jump on the vet track at Elsinore. Greg has a mental block :D (you know what I'm talking about, all you who struggle with those certain jumps on mx tracks,) and if he just clears this SIMPLE :) jump he"ll have the whole track wired! :D :D Please, please, please, respond with encouraging words and any GOOD :D advice on
how to get over this mental block and the jump that seems to have him stumped..

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

[This message has been edited by So Cal Erik (edited 09-04-2000).]

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 04, 2000 - 04:04 PM

Greg, please don't be mad I put that post on , I really do want to see you make that jump, and will resort to extreme measures to make you do it! :)
Erik

• MotoGreg

Posted September 04, 2000 - 04:34 PM

Simple jump? Isn't that the one they call the "widow maker"? Posted Image

So having 95% of the track wired isn't good enough? I think I just need to find some new, slower riding buddies, that's all! Ok, next Saturday I'll do it and you can bring your camera for proof!

BTW - Haven't you heard my new motto?... If at first you don't succeed ... redefine success. Posted Image

------------------
MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity
'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)
I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted September 04, 2000 - 06:08 PM

Hey Greg,

Please, tell me how you modify the "Smilies"...

Mitch

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 04, 2000 - 06:09 PM

That's the jump they call the "little sissy".
:D :D . The "Widowmaker" is a hill climb. By the way, your roommate Mitch told me you said...quote: "if I could just nail down "The SISSY" :) jump, I'd be the fastest rider out there!" :D :D :D
Erik

• MotoGreg

Posted September 04, 2000 - 07:13 PM

I didn't say fastest, I said faster than him seeing as that is the ONLY place he can pass me.

Mitch, check your email.

------------------
MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity
'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)
I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN

[This message has been edited by MotoGreg (edited 09-04-2000).]

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 04, 2000 - 07:38 PM

WOW! you are really getting worked up :D! Thats GOOOOOOD!! :) That's true about Mitch, I stand corrected. I don't want this to turn into a negative conversation, it's supposed to be all in fun. O.K. NEIGHBOR? Now, how's about some good advice and encouragement.? :D
Erik

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 05, 2000 - 01:41 AM

MotoGreg,
Try tricking yourself into believing(sounds great on paper,I know),take a measuring tape with you the next time you go to the track. Try measuring every jump at the track from peak to peak, and every table top from ramp to ramp. It has worked for my daughter, she just couldn't get up the courage to try any doubles until I showed her that she was jumping farther on the table tops!

• MotoGreg

Posted September 09, 2000 - 12:55 PM

I did it! I just needed a little encouragement.

------------------
The proceeding nonsense brought to you by MotoGreg
On two wheels (or 3) since 1970
'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a shwangy 916)
'99 WR/YZ400F 'Cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!
Visit my photo album for the bargain price of $75 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - EVIL LURKS WITHIN!

[This message has been edited by MotoGreg (edited 09-09-2000).]

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 09, 2000 - 02:58 PM

Yeah, yeah, you made it, :D but you had better be looking elsewhere for your reward! :D I'm a married man, so even if you think I am a little cute, :) don't even think about it pal! :D
Erik
P.s., I don't even want to know what reward you expect for clearing a triple.

• Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted September 10, 2000 - 10:15 AM

Great pit sign. I'm still trying to figure out which jump you're talking about. I wish I had a track map. Is it the one where you make a tight left turn, run parallel beside the fence, go through a couple of whoops and hit a small jump over a table top and land in a a left corner?

Harold

• MotoGreg

Posted September 10, 2000 - 12:37 PM

No way, those are easy. It's the one where you go over a small double, a table-top (back in the far corner of the track) turn 180 degrees to the left, and then gun it down the straight section and sail off the lip.... only about half the riders do it, the others jump down into the center and then ride over the second part of it. Then after it you turn right and go over the rythm bump section. Now do you know where?

Harold, I'm planning on the 23/24 weekend, either day for the Silverwood/Arrowhead trail ride. Either day is good for me, I think Sat might be easier for Erik, I'll keep you posted.

------------------
The proceeding nonsense brought to you by MotoGreg
On two wheels (or 3) since 1970
'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a shwangy 916)
'99 WR/YZ400F 'Cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!
Visit my photo album for the bargain price of $75 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - EVIL LURKS WITHIN!

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 10, 2000 - 04:01 PM

I know the jump you are talking about. Way to go! Hopefully after I get my suspension done (took the stuff apart today) I will learn how to be a stud like you. Maybe in the next couple of weeks we will get a chance to hook up.

John

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 10, 2000 - 08:04 PM

Greg, do you have more info on the freestyle jump contest at the pond this Saturday? What time does it start? Silverwood is 90% probable for me to go the weekend of the 23rd. I'll keep you updated on the status of my "HALL-PASS". Also, are you going riding this week? I might go to Glen Helen on Tuesday. Let me know, hasta.
Erik

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.