Oil under bike?

2 replies to this topic
  • rm298z

Posted June 22, 2007 - 08:19 AM

took my 2001 650r to work today for the first time, just went out to check on it during lunch and there is about a less than 20 cc mark of something under it. Didn't have a chance to find where it was coming from, it looks like its coming from somewhere around the back of the engine right under the shock. Anyone know what it might be? the bike is new to me. I just did a oil and filter change 6 days ago.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rman of 237

Posted June 22, 2007 - 08:30 AM

Sounds like it could be just some spooge from your breather dripping out the airbox drain. You may have overfilled a little and should'nt be a big deal. Have a better look and post back.
Rman........

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted June 23, 2007 - 07:41 AM

What Rman said, or have you serviced your airfilter recently? Overoiled it?

Oiled it as usual, but now that it is sitting in the sun at work, the heat from the day thinned it enough to flow more easily, and now it is happily pooled up on the ground?

Any of your "friends" playing a prank?

Any harleys parked nearby? (Ha! How could I resist, lol)

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.