Edelbrock madness!

25 replies to this topic
  • todds924

Posted November 29, 2007 - 05:50 PM

i've been down the entire road as far as carbs go;between my 04 wr450 and my 05 yz450 which is now a ice cube big bore i've tried multiple fixes on the fcr and came up short then tried a edelbrock which solved alot of the issues but still needed a few fixs....got the ebrock right and loved it for awhile(awhile being the key word) it started 1-2 kicks even hot,never stalled and had a grunt off the bottom that was unequaled....but,after AWHILE it started having issues which were found to be related to wear,mostly because its not very dirt proof. anyway a carb thats coming undone is not the one to have so i sent my fcr to zip ty;i put it on and starting hot is easier but not as good as the ebrock... the bottom pull was not as strong either BUT...the mid to top is freekin unbeleivable! its much easier to dial in now also,and doesn't stall,just be sure to get the adjustable lj either the whole bowl or just the cover...i just got the cover as they were out of the bowl. i've ordered up a couple of needles to try to get the bottom to perform a little better than the NWR needle i'm running;gonna try a EMS and a EMR. the zipty mod is worth it over the ebrock and the dependability just isn't there with the ebrock,it plain flunked the long term mountainman test. GO ZIPTY:thumbsup:

Mountain Man, just wondering how you got ahold of or even heard about "TOO TECH" back where you are? I race pretty much every weekend with Rick Johnson.

• runester

Posted November 29, 2007 - 07:26 PM

K&N filters for the dirt = GARBAGE in my opinion. Cleaned and oiled every ride STOCK is the best.

Yep...Never had a problem w/em before the yz450, go figure, I think the vents in the side panels had some play in this, they are wide open, man that box gets dirty quicker than poo...anyway, I got the zip-ty in around june I guess, I was just courious how the two compare...I am pretty happy w/my bike as its is now, got the zip ty because of the bogg/stall issues in the beggining, got the scorp front tire and e-axle for the turn issues, got the regina chain for the chain issue (Thanks gray!) what else..., Oh yea, scotts oil filter...I think thats about it...this bike has more power than I will EVER use, I am a weekend warrior...my son is the racer I just like to have fun and bought the bike for just that, and it is a fun bike at the track...especially in those deep loamy turns where that grunt is the only thing that keeps me vert, or`at least able to exit the turn vert without washing out...the mods I have are strictly to keep the bike usable and comfortable, speed is not what I need more of but whenever it comes to bottom for guys like me more is always better but as for the top, well, like I said Too much for me to ever squeeze. As for the FCR carb, I just dont care for its architecture/design but aint ready to throw down 450 for a tempermental replacement...

• ncmountainman

Posted November 30, 2007 - 09:01 AM

Mountain Man, just wondering how you got ahold of or even heard about "TOO TECH" back where you are? I race pretty much every weekend with Rick Johnson.

ol'mtnman is nationwide dude:busted: actually i need to fix that i sold them awhile back,they gave a inconsistant feel for what i was riding in:excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted November 30, 2007 - 05:58 PM

ol'mtnman is nationwide dude:busted: actually i need to fix that i sold them awhile back,they gave a inconsistant feel for what i was riding in:excuseme:

Thats funny!

• zaxcar1

Posted December 01, 2007 - 08:30 AM

yea but is it worth the money?

• todds924

Posted December 01, 2007 - 07:29 PM

yea but is it worth the money?

real simple.........NO.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.