650L suspension damping & geometry ?'s

6 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted June 22, 2007 - 03:44 AM

These are all just curiosity questions, that's all.

1) How many of you ever fooled with the fork compression and rear rebound/compression adjustments? How many of you are not even aware of some of these adjustments?

2) For the 94 L the stock settings are :

A) fork compression (adj at bottom of fork) ......... one full turn (3 clicks) from full hard -page 18

:thumbsup: rear rebound ............ 13-17 clicks from full hard - page 19, (stock owners manual I'm talking here)

c) rear compression ........7-11 clicks from full hard - page 20

Just wondering if they stayed the same through all 650L years or Honda snuck some damping/spring rate changes with out us knowing?

3) Caster is 27 degrees and trail is 102mm (4.0 inches) ........is yours the same? page 97

• martinfan30

Posted June 22, 2007 - 09:27 AM

ill check, i only have stiffened up the rear compression for hauling my wolfman stuff around(3-4).

• Rockjockey

Posted June 22, 2007 - 10:39 AM

My 02 front fork compression was set at 3 clicks from full hard on the left fork and 2 on the right fork from the factory. The previous owner was an elderly gent and I'm sure he did not fool with it as it was totally stock with 775 miles when I bought it (a couple of months ago). He took a digger in 02 and got hurt then never rode it again.
I've set the forks at 8 clicks form full hard and the rear compression at 12 from full hard (factory was 8). The rebound seems to be working well so I have not touched it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted June 22, 2007 - 10:53 AM

I found it odd they they do recommend you can put air (up to 6 psi) in the forks (page 16), that's so old school. :busted:

:thumbsup: Wonder if they still recommend it in the newer manuals ?

I take air out, NOT put it in!

" My 02 front fork compression was set at 3 clicks from full hard on the left fork and 2 on the right fork from the factory. "

Guess I should check mine then. Thanks. :thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted June 22, 2007 - 10:55 AM

myself, i wouldnt add air. like you, just bleed air.

• Huffa 2

Posted June 22, 2007 - 10:58 AM

myself, i wouldnt add air. like you, just bleed air.

For sure ! In the 70's we would set up our elsinores with no springs and JUST air ! :thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted June 22, 2007 - 01:19 PM

For sure ! In the 70's we would set up our elsinores with no springs and JUST air ! :thumbsup:

ya i know!!! isnt that funny???

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.